Monday Meal Planning: Election Party Edition!

I thought the day would never come.

For TWO *$&@#& YEARS, the presidential campaign seemed like it would never end.

And tomorrow (or, possibly, very early Wednesday) it finally will! What better cause for celebration?!

No matter who you support, surely we can all agree that this one was a marathon, not a sprint. I voted early, so my role is done; my choice, made. If only that meant the ad assault ended, too!

Ah, well. At least I have TiVo to get me through.

Besides putting together a festive meal for Tuesday night, I'm also planning to try out a few more Thanksgiving side dishes. It's true that said dishes are rich and often expensive, but I reduce the hit by halving the recipes for my test runs. Also, I do use lower-fat dairy products when possible to shave off calories for everyday meals.

We're also exercising more these days, which should help us build a little more calorie-burning muscle so we can maintain our weights.

Let the fun (and the end) begin!

Monday
Barbecue meatloaf
Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes
Corn

Tuesday
Cheeseburger pizza
Italian dip with tortilla chips
Cream cheese-artichoke dip (maybe)
Salad

Wednesday
Maple sausage and dried cranberry stuffing casserole
Pioneer Woman's butternut squash puree
Salad

Thursday
Bacon, onion, and Swiss cheese frittata
Boiled potatoes
Salad

Friday
Turkey kielbasa with onions
Pecorino polenta
Vinaigrette-dressed slaw

Saturday
Paninis
Sliced apples
Vinaigrette-dressed slaw

Sunday
Spaghetti with meat sauce
Garlic toast
Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

sp