Monday Meal Planning: Gone Crazy Edition

Not so much crazy as ill, actually, but that makes everything else go crazy in the kitchen. Last week's meal plan ended up mixed up as I let things slide when my appetite abandoned me.

But the thing is, a meal plan is more a help than a hindrance when my schedule gets messed up. I know I have the fixings for several meals ready to go in the kitchen, so I don't have to leave home to go to the store when I'm not feeling so hot. If I'm really out of commission, everything is ready for someone else in the house to pick up and cook.

This past week, I ended up moving one meal later in the week when I didn't make it home until late, eliminating a side dish that I couldn't get an ingredient for, and knocking one meal off the menu in favor of sandwiches.

Flexibility is the spice of meal plans. At least when you're out of Lawry's.

Monday
French dip sandwiches
Oven fries
Salad

Tuesday
Pasta with sun-dried tomato sausage, broccoli, and roasted red peppers
Salad

Wednesday
Cheese frittata
Green beans with shallots and vermouth
Confetti slaw

Thursday
Broccoli-cheddar casserole
Cornbread
Salad

Friday
Roasted boneless chicken breasts
Sweet potato casserole
Stuffing
Salad

Saturday
Tofu stir fry: onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, broccoli
Yakisoba noodles

Sunday
Tacos
Mashed black beans
Mexican rice

Short programming note: Pennies & Pound's RSS feed address has changed. If you have subscribed already and want to update to the new address, go ahead and change to http://feedproxy.google.com/PenniesAndPounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sp