Monday Meal Plan

I'm all moved into a new apartment, and once the kitchen was unpacked, it was time to start meal planning again!

I'm always talking the talk about meal planning here on Pennies & Pounds, but can I walk the walk?

You'll have to take my word for it that I've been planning meals since at least October of last year, but from now on, I'm going to be posting my meal plan every week right here on the site.

Why? Maybe just to prove it can be done, maybe to offer some inspiration, or maybe to stimulate some conversation -- what are you planning this week, for example?

In my plan, I've tried to take into account expected leftovers (we had a roasted chicken on Sunday, so Tuesday we'll use the extra meat in a casserole), my pantry (stocked-up sausage and ground beef bought at a discount), and price (hello, pasta, eggs, and beans!).

I also strive to make at least one or two meals a week meatless, as meat is expensive and not great for our health or the environment in typical American super-sized portions.

Take a look at what we're eating this week:

Monday

Sautéed sliced turkey kielbasa
Green beans with tomatoes
Polenta
Tossed salad

Tuesday

Chicken and black-bean Mexican lasagna
Tossed salad

Wednesday

Eggs, colby-jack, and turkey bacon sandwiches on cream biscuits
Oven waffle fries
Sliced apples

Thursday

Pasta, white bean, and chicken sausage soup
Bread
Tossed salad

Friday

Pizza with mozzarella cheese, balsamic-marinated tomatoes, and artichoke hearts on whole-wheat crust
Tossed salad

Saturday

Baked sweet-and-sour tofu
Stir-fried broccoli
Brown rice
Tossed salad

Sunday

Cincinnati chili
Toppers: kidney beans and onions (also cheese)
Spaghetti
Tossed salad

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

sp