Meals for the Week: Holding Pattern

I had to skip the grocery store today, which mostly means I'm rationing salads until I can make it to Costco again. I've been testing out replacing some salads with canned soup lately anyway. It's pretty positive so far: The cost is similar or less than salad, and it's actually a little more filling.

The only problem, as pointed out by my husband, is that the weather is warming and soon soup might seem less appetizing. Still, there's always cold soup.

I haven't done many soup courses up until now because I've been avoiding canned soup. It tends to be mushy and overly salty. Tonight's condensed alphabet soup fell into that category, and I don't see myself getting that one again soon. On the other hand, Andersen's pea soup with bacon was delicious, even when stretched with some extra water. On the downside, it's significantly pricier than condensed soup.

Monday
Macaroni and cheese and ham casserole
Baked beans
Vegetable alphabet soup

Tuesday
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Beef chimichangas
Taco salad

Wednesday
Pizza with banana peppers and onions
Salad

Thursday
Ham and cheese paninis
Chili

Friday
Cheeseburger potatoes
Biscuits
Salad

Saturday
Baked wagon wheels
Bread
Salad

Sunday
Roasted chicken breasts
Baked beans
Bread
Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

sp