Meals for the Week: Cooking From the Pantry

I have a large amount of food stocked up now that it's mid-month, which means it's time to stop stocking up for the month. It's tough to turn away from the great deals on products we use regularly, but if I don't keep myself from buying ahead for at least a couple weeks each month I'll end up spending more than I should. After all, what's the point of "saving" when I'm just going to spend more?

Using what I have on hand (basics like chicken breasts and pasta as well as long-lasting pantry items like mayonnaise and hot sauce), I can create enough meals for the next two weeks. That is, with the addition of a little fresh produce for salads.

Monday
Hamburgers
Fries
Salad

Tuesday
Buffalo chicken tacos with blue cheese
Frozen veggies
Salad

Wednesday
Baked potato soup
Rolls
Salad

Thursday
Sandwiches
Creamy tomato soup
Salad

Friday
Bacon and onion pizza
Salad

Saturday
Baked chicken schnitzel
Frozen veggies
Chicken rice
Salad

Sunday
Annie’s Favorite Pasta
Rolls
Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

sp