Monday Meal Planning: Birthday Edition

Almost forgot!

This week's plan includes a birthday dinner for my brother, who requested fried chicken. To keep it healthier, I'm using only bone-in breasts. I'll chop each breast half in half, so that I get two servings from each massive piece in the package. I'm also going to pull off the fatty skin before breading it. Then, I'll fry the chicken in a blend of peanut and vegetable oils rather than shortening or lard.

No, it'll never be diet food, but it's certainly possible to indulge in traditional comfort foods as long as you keep an eye out for ways to lighten them and, most important, keep the portions small.

Monday
Chicken parmesan (baked, not fried)
Angel hair with chunky tomato sauce
Salad

Tuesday
Hoppin' John
Chicken-flavored rice pilaf
Salad
(Bonus info: Grains + beans = a complete protein.)

Wednesday
Fried bone-in chicken breasts
Biscuits
Baked beans
Salad

Thursday
Frittata
Roasted potatoes
Gazpacho

Friday
Pioneer Woman's ranch-style honey mustard chicken
Corn
Salad

Saturday
Slow-cooker macaroni and cheese
Veggie mix
Salad

Puppy Bowl Sunday
Cincinnati-style chili over French fries
Snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment

sp