In Case You Missed My Cookbook Follow-Up Comment


Will you post sample recipes from the recently finished cookbook Grancook's Favorite Recipes?

No problem! My goodness, I was so eager to get the word out after finishing this big project that I forgot to dot my i's and cross my t's.

You can see sample recipes right now at the cookbook project web site, grancook.com. You can also take a little peak inside the cookbook at its purchase page on Lulu, which is at bit.ly/grancook.

Regardless, I will endeavor to post a few sample recipes here as well. In fact, here is one I particularly enjoy myself from page 77. I make it Gladys's preferred way, which is to use shredded cheddar and to leave out the curry powder, plus I always use the cream of chicken soup instead of golden mushroom. It's not like a typical casserole as there's no major starch, just vegetables covered with lean meat and a thick, savory sauce. No starch in the recipe means you can choose your own based on your mood; I serve it with rice or quinoa on the side for soaking up that sauce. Yum! (P.S. It's the recipe pictured on the back of the cookbook, shown above!)

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

From the book "Grancook's Favorite Recipes"

2 16-oz. pkg. frozen broccoli (or fresh)
2 c. cooked chicken or turkey, cut up
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken or golden mushroom soup
1 c. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. curry powder (optional)
6 slices American cheese or 8 oz. shredded cheese Breadcrumbs
Paprika

Cook and drain broccoli. Place the spears in 11-by-7-inch baking dish with tips pointing toward edge. Top with chicken or turkey chunks. Combine soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder (optional), and shredded cheese, if using. Pour over the meat. Top with cheese slices, if using. Sprinkle with crumbs and paprika. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 45 minutes, or until bubbly. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

1 comment:

sp